Last updated on October 12th, 2023
As the number of electric vehicles (EVs) skyrockets, the demand for charging, and especially DC fast charging, is growing exponentially. Unlike AC charging, DC charging – also called Level 3 or rapid charging – allows an EV to top up its battery in minutes instead of hours.
More and more businesses are looking to enter this fast-growing market and are looking for tangible ways to optimize their DC fast charging investment.
We’ve identified 8 tips to maximize the success of your DC charging investment
- Put the needs and wants of your EV-driving customers first
- Create a profitable EV charging strategy
- Understand the specifics of your location(s)
- Identify the right DC fast charging station for your business
- Get familiar with smart EV charging
- Implement the right EV charging management software
- Include preventive maintenance
- Map out potential investment options
EV charging load management and the importance of cluster load balancing
Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations can add a substantial load onto your building’s power supply, often requiring...
How to design a DC fast charging site
When thinking about installing DC fast charging stations on your site, careful consideration must be given to designing...
Grid connections for DC fast charging stations explained
The electrical grid is a large and established network delivering electricity from producers to consumers, and...